I had all my FAS and GRID shares stolen last night on cryptostocks and the thief did not have access to my e-mail.
[quote author=campycoin link=…
I want to create a game where users can win Bitcoins playing my games I created or perhaps other online games. What APIs do similar applications use to achieve this? how do they host the Bitcoins? do they use their own hosted wallet, bitpay? Bitcoin (…)
That is stunning, good luck with the auction! I’m sure that the winner will be delighted.
I think you’ve proven the concept, that private keys can be recorded and viewed by spectrograph consistently.
However, you’re just wasting your BTC by sending 0.0001 and less amounts, as the TX fee is exactly the same or more. The only people who ga…
Overstock.com says it has sold over $1 million worth of merchandise to bitcoin users since the online shopping site started accepting the virtual currency in January.
Why not do the 12% levey, but award 12% “other coins” lets call them pcoins. The promise is there to pay these back gradully over time at a rate of 1 bitcoin per pcoin and they sit on your account at the exchange.
So far thats the same as what was pro…
This posts explains some dos and don’ts about what to post on /r/Bitcoin .
First lets start with…
Modmail is for:
- Problems with the subreddit (some sidebar links are broken for example)
- Problems with submissions (spam filter sometimes catches too much, we sort things a few times a day. If you have an urgent submission, contact us)
- Requests that need mod support – if you need us to verify your identity for say, AMA, or that you represent an organization, contact us and we’ll do our best to help you
Modmail is not for:
- Asking general questions
- Reporting obvious spam submissions (that’s what the Report button is for)
- Advertisements on the subreddit (it is handled through Reddit, not us)
- Help with shadowbans (again, that’s Reddit, not us. Contact them)
- “Can I get a flair?” – No, at the moment we are not giving anyone flair on the subreddit
- “Can you add my subreddit to the sidebar?” – If you are a local Bitcoin subreddit, we can add you to the wiki. If you are not a Bitcoin-related subreddit, 99% chance the answer is no. If you are a Bitcoin-related subreddit, we only add subreddits that are established – if you have less than a few hundred subscribers and less than a post a day, the answer is most likely no. Beyond that, we can talk.
- “Can you link to my website from the sidebar?” – No
Please don’t post:
- Ask to be stickied – it’s like asking for upvotes. People don’t like it when you ask for upvotes.
- General questions about how Bitcoin works – go to /r/BitcoinBeginners or search in http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/ .
- General newcomer questions, like “which client should I use?”, “how do I buy Bitcoin?” – again, /r/BitcoinBeginners
- Questions about mining – go to /r/bitcoinmining
- “Is it profitable to mine?” – punch your numbers into a calculator or go to /r/bitcoinmining
- “Should I buy Bitcoin?” / “Is it still worth investing in Bitcoin?” – You shouldn’t take financial advice from the Internet, you need to figure this out for yourself
- “What about altcoin X?” / “Should I buy altcoin X?” / “You should buy altcoin X!” – This is a very big topic in itself. Short answer is no under most circumstances. For a longer explanation, please read my blog entry and the accompanying reddit submission for discussion on the topic.
- Asking for money – unless you are a reputable charity, your post will be treated like spam
- Complaints about not buying Bitcoins when they were $X/BTC – nobody cares
- Referral links – your post will be treated like spam
- “BUYBUYBUY”/”SELLSELLSELL” – you will be treated like a troll
- Submissions or posts with curse words directed at someone – don’t insult other people. Your posts will be treated like spam otherwise. Occasional expressions like “holy shit this is awesome!” are tolerated in moderation.
- “Can I buy less than 1 bitcoin?” – The answer is “yes, you can purchase as little as 0.00000001 BTC at a time, you don’t have to buy a whole coin, similarly how you can buy a gram of gold, you don’t need to buy a whole gold bar”
- “What happens after all 21M BTC are mined?” – Either Bitcoin will be long gone before then (if the system doesn’t catch on), or miners will be earning their money from transaction fees instead.
- “What happens to lost coins?” – Lost coins remain lost, unless someone finds a private key for them. This is ONLY viable if quantum computers become strong enough. Otherwise, the numbers used by Bitcoin are too big to be brute forced – heat death of the universe will occur before a colission is found.. As for re-mining old bitcoins, there are many reasons to not return lost coins back to circulation.
Take heed when posting:
- Memes – memes are allowed, but some people may not like you for posting them. Be sure to use /r/Bitcoinmemes as well
- Information about all-time-highs, price spikes, crashes and so forth – 90% of the time, someone has already posted about it. Check /r/bitcoin/new first before posting.
- Questions about help with a particular website or business – /r/Bitcoin is not tech support for any business, you’re better off contacting the support of the business in question through their forums or ticket system
What to do if you see…
- Spam – click “report” underneath the submission, vote accordingly. Don’t message mods unless the spam is subtle or needs context
- Repost – vote accordingly, click “report”
- A post from the “don’t” list above – direct the posted to a proper subreddit if applicable (for questions and newbie posts), vote and report accordingly otherwise
- A post that is allowed on this subreddit but you don’t like it being here – vote accordingly, don’t report it. If it is allowed, the mods will not remove the post. Your votes shape what submissions get the most exposure – upvote the posts you want to see more of, downvote the ones you want to see less of.
Some good guides you should look into:
- Read the sidebar for community rules – following them will make everyone’s day better.
- Be sceptical of any news without credible sources – a lot of bad people are trying to play on your emotions by fabricating fake stories. Be sceptical of any story without a credible citation, especially when it is related to economic or legal side of things.
Thank you for your attention. Post responsibly, vote on all submissions, live and let live, have fun.
submitted by ThePiachu
[link] [235 comments]